The purpose of our group is to use the time and talents God has given us to bless others by constructing and donating quilts to members of the community or missions projects.
The Piecemakers Quilting Group meets the third Tuesday of every month (September—May), 9:30 am - 2:00 pm in the Fireside Room. The goal is that each learn to cut and piece the top, layer it, machine quilt it, and apply the binding. Please join us! We are willing to teach all aspects of the quilting process.
We consider these projects to be an expression of God's Love flowing through us to others.
What to bring (if you have the items) ...
- Lunch - if you are able to stay the entire day
- Sewing machine, extension cord & accessories, including walking foot, free motion quilting foot, etc.
- Rotary cutter, mat & rulers (preferably 6'x12" and 6-1/2" square)
- Masking tape (used for laying out backing batting & top)
- One inch silver safety pins (used for pinning 'sandwich')
- Thread (neutral grey/tan for piecing)
- Scissors (pair for cutting fabric & pair for trimming)
What is provided...
- All Fabric & Batting is provided for all projects. If you have a project that you want to work on for the group, you are welcome to bring your own fabrics.
- Labels are provided with the Piecemakers/Bend Nazarene information.